Serves 1 | Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 6 minutes
2 large organic eggs
3-4 cups boiling water
1 tsp vinegar
2 slices bread (sprouted, rye, kamut, spelt, millet or rice)
1 T flax oil
sea salt to taste
- Add vinegar to boiling water.
- Crack eggs, on at a time into boiling water (the vinegar helps them congeal).
- Turn heat down to medium low and let eggs simmer for 6 minutes.
- Toast bread while eggs are cooking.
- Drizzle flax oil over toast.
- When eggs are done remove from water with a serrated spoon.
- Place on toast and salt to taste.
Poached eggs on toast is the perfect way to get a balanced breakfast. Eggs provide the protien. Whole grain bread provides the fiber. And flax oil provides healthy fats. Great for promoting healthy blood sugar and providing energy until lunch.