Serves 4-6 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20-25 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1⁄2 large yellow onion, diced
1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt (1⁄2 teaspoon if stock is salted)
1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups vegetable stock
2 cups diced tomatoes (fresh if available)
1 cup ricotta cheese (organic fat free)
4 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
2 T olive oil
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onion. Sauté until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté a minute longer.
- Add vegetable stock and tomatoes.
- Puree with a hand blender.
- Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add ricotta and cook on low heat for 23 minutes.
- Add basil and olive oil, stir and eat!