Serves 4 | Prep time: 7 minutes
6 cups mixed greens
1 large pink grapefruit
1 large avocado
1 can hearts of palm
1⁄4 cup candied pecans
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1.5 tablespoon maple syrup/honey
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Candy pecans by adding 1T of maple syrup and pecans to a small skillet on medium heat.
- Stir often until all maple syrup has crystallized. Let cool.
- Cut grapefruit, avocado and hearts of palm into 1⁄2 inch cubes.
- Mix in a large bowl with greens and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix dressing in a small jar or measuring cup. Drizzle over salad and toss.
This can easily be upgraded to a meal by adding poached salmon or sliced grilled chicken to each serving.