Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 4 minutes
1 head Romaine lettuce
2 medium tomatoes
1 English cucumber
1 bunch radishes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pieces whole wheat pita bread
1 teaspoon sumac
1 clove crushed garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to broil.
- Clean and chop lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and radish into bite size pieces.
- Put ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- Separate pita into four sides and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and place on middle rack in oven – watch closely!
- Flip when light brown. Remove from oven when pita is crispy, but not burnt. Let cool.
- Combine sumac, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and mix.
- Break crispy pita into bite size pieces and sprinkle over salad.
Fatoush is an everyday Lebanese salad. Pita adds a nice crispy texture to the salad. You can use the crispy pita as “croutons” for other salads too!