Serves 46 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
2 T sun dried tomatoes, chop after hydrating in 1 cup luke warm water
2 T olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 cup portabella mushrooms, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1⁄2 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes
3 15 oz. cans black beans (strained and rinsed)
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 cup water
3 T chopped cilantro
- Submerge 3 sundried tomatoes in 1 cup luke warm water. Allow to soak.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onion. Sauté briefly.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and cinnamon. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, beans, salt and water. Stir and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add water with sundried tomatoes. Stir.
- Continue to simmer for 10 more minutes. Add more water if necessary during cooking.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.