Serves 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 7 minutes
2 T slivered/sliced almonds
1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1 1⁄2 cup rice or almond or nonfat cows milk
1 medium diced apple
2 T raisins
12 tsp maple syrup (real) or honey
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat medium saucepan at medium heat.
- Add almonds to saucepan and toast until lightly browned.
- Add oats and toast for another minute.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add milk and increase heat to mediumhigh. Stirring, allow to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low. Add apple, raisins, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Stirring occasionally to prevent burning, allow to cook 45 more minutes or until milkis absorbed.
Serve hot! Apple Pie Oatmeal is a great choice for a cold winter day. It is free of wheat, soy and corn. Low in saturated fat and high in fiber. It will leave you feeling full until lunch!