Serves 1 | Prep time: 3 minutes | Blend time: 30-60 seconds
1 T ground flax seed
1 cup berries (blue/black, raspberries or strawberries, fresh or frozen) 1 cup milk (cow/rice/soy)
1 serving soy/whey/rice protein powder (as indicated on container)
1⁄2 tsp vanilla
1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
1⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Grind flax seed in coffee grinder, or in blender (coffee grinder works best) for 20 seconds.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, including ground flax.
- Blend for 40 seconds or until banana is smooth.
- This can be sweetened with a small amount of stevia, maple syrup or honey.
- Serve and enjoy!
This shake is a great choice when you are running short on time. The Power Protein Shake:
- can be made hypoallergenic
- is a good source of protein, fiber and omega 3 fatty acids
- good source of antioxidants
- has cinnamon to help stabilize blood sugar
- has ginger to help digest and is antiinflammatory
- will leave you feeling full until lunch